Thursday, October 22, 2009

Programming Blues

This week I reached my saturation point.My usual symptoms are apathy,petulance and waywardness whose repercussions were clearly reflected in all events that transpired this week-the alacrity with which I had been trying to read the prolix Frontline magazine all this while plummeted abruptly when I literally threw it out of my room,played Call of Duty's single player campaign again although I have finished it 3 times before,any attempt to start the end sem preparation was thwarted by daily viewing of The Office and I also couldn't last the rituals of of my friend's housewarming event leaving without the dinner which would surely surprise many since the dinner is supposed to be the highlight of these events.This post on programming can be classified as the only productive work that I have done this week.

In retrospection I feel that Programming is unequivocally the only constructive and enlightening thing I have done in my college life so far which can be easily corroborated from the fact that any question along with its various stipulations is being addressed more elaborately and its tenor made more lucid while writing the algorithm.Also,there is an ephemeral feeling of triumph and fuss on creating a program which surpasses all yardsticks as the most efficient and terse.

However there is a caveat,any problem analyzed during coding has adverse effects in the form of the myriad errors encountered which can be a bit discouraging and had aggravated me after I had spent prolonged hours on it.In such cases time spent in clearing errors overshadows the time spent in writing the algorithm leaving you exasperated and despair to test your program's output checking whether it adheres to the specific conditions and assuages the definitions of a robust code.The following message quite simple reflects the feeling people have after consecutive failures.
Although it is advised to prepare an immaculate algorithm after diligent revision and observation of the problem but there is light at the end of the tunnel considering the closure in obscurity on certain unresolved aspects while debugging.

No comments:

Post a Comment